The journey of finding yourself and discovering who you really are deep down and what you like and dislike can be a lifelong undertaking, but finding yourself can help put you on the path in life you want to be on. Here are 12 quotes about finding yourself.
12 Quotes About Finding Yourself
1. “The only journey is the journey within.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
2. “People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.” – Thomas Szasz
3. “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” – Aristotle
4. “Not until we are lost do we being to understand ourselves.” – Henry David Thoreau
5. “I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
6. “One must know oneself. If this does not serve to discover truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better.” – Blaise Pascal
7. “To find yourself, think for yourself.” – Socrates
8. “Don’t spend all of your time trying to FIND yourself. Spend your time CREATING yourself into a person that you’ll be proud of.” – Sonya Parker
9. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mohandas Gandhi
10. “Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom.” – Lao Tzu
11. “Your real self may be hiding somewhere, look for it within, when you find yourself, you can freely be what you want to be.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
12. “Finding oneself and one’s path is like waking up on a foggy day. Be patient, and presently the fog will clear and that which has always been there can be seen. The path is already there to follow.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
P.S. If you’d like more tips on finding yourself, check out our Figure Out Your Life class.