How to Start Recovering from Depression or Anxiety
And now, I’m going to share some tips to get you started. Specifically, habits that will keep you out of the clutches of depression and on the solid road to recovery. If you follow these tips every day, in whatever way you can manage, you will see a noticeable difference in your life.
This is a lot of information to take in, so if you want you can start by just picking and choosing a couple things to start with, and maybe integrate the rest over the next few months or year. Start with whatever is easiest for you so you can start building up small victories for yourself. Recovery is a process and a journey, so feel free to take it at whatever pace you’re comfortable with. With that said, here are my baseline suggestions for a healthier you:
1. Exercise several times a week.
2. Meditate when you feel anxious, or daily to maintain calmness.
3. If applicable, see your therapist regularly and take your meds as prescribed.
4. Drink lots of water.
5. Eat more fruits and vegetables, and less junk food and alcohol.
6. Limit caffeine to 1-2 cups per day, tops.
This article is an excerpt from our 30 Day Negativity Detox, an online class about letting go of the negativity in your life and replacing it with positivity and good habits.